DEPARTMENT: Product Management
REPORTS TO: Chief Product Officer
The individual in this role will act as a Generalist Product Manager, focusing entirely on the advisor experience for the HWP Platform (and therefore HMAP). This is a cross-functional role operating across various departments.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the platform’s front office services and operations and maintains current documentation of functional processes, procedures, policies and workflows, including all documentation as it relates to the Hanlon Wealth Platform.
- Be a Generalist Expert in the HWP Platform.
- Identifies goals and objectives aiding the team’s ability to provide enhanced quality service and products to customers both internal and external.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning through the tactical activities of building and delivering the Platform functionality.
- Evaluate existing processes to identify areas where customer and prospect experience can be enhanced, automated, and or digitized.
- Gain a deep understanding of user experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Develop business requirements for Advisor and Client Facing Platform Functionality and ensure they are thoroughly reviewed by the appropriate partners (e.g. technology, legal, risk, compliance, service & operations, sales, etc.).
- Assist with driving the strategic roadmap for enhancements to HWP and HMAP experience.
- Work closely with our technology and operations teams to oversee project implementation and report on status, issues, client feedback, and other KPIs during and post project launch.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business impact, translate service and product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Perform product demos to customers.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Assist with the development of sales tools and collateral.
- Develop Product Development Budgets (estimates to build Platform functionality) to ensure success.
- Brief and train the sales force at quarterly sales meetings.
- Act as a leader within the company.
- Train end users or technical support staff to use programs.
Knowledge And Abilities:
- Understanding of wealth management platform functions, processes, and inter-relationships with Middle & Back Office, Product Management, Compliance, Implementation and Conversions and Sales.
- Strong background/understanding of wealth management, and a familiarity with both digital advice and the wealth management landscape.
- Experience with one or more wealth management applications and understanding of overall product or service development lifecycle would be advantageous.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills – interface with our clients as well as internal stakeholders: fellow product managers, product designers, sales, implementation and conversions, and marketing.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus within an organization.
- Experience with user-centric design – solve our current and prospective user’s problems with a focus on jobs-to-be-done.
- Proven track record of execution over the whole product management lifecycle: design, development, launch, and adoption.
- Experience working with enterprise-level client software with an emphasis on client communication, relationship management, web portals, or similar.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Use of the utmost discretion in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong project control and organization are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sufficient initiative to work independently
- Possess and demonstrate leadership skills and ability
- Ability to work indoors at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to ascend and descend a set of stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry 10-20 pounds as needed.
- Listen, talk, interact, and effectively communicate with other associates, supervisors and outside contacts
- Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Use of phone and/or computer for extended periods of time.
- Bending, reaching and twisting in the performance of daily job functions.
- Seeing, reading, writing, utilizing a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer implements.
- Ability to work a set schedule consistent with job and/or business needs.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their know limitations. If accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required. MBA, PMP®, CFP® and or other professional licensures preferred.
Experience: 4 to 7 years of Financial Services, Operations, Product Management and or Wealth Management Platforms experience.
Email Us For Information